CORE BELIEFS In Oakland School District:
- Every student can learn.
- All students, staff, families and community members are essential partners in our educational community.
- Our schools will be a safe and healthy place for students to learn.
- High levels of learning occur when best practice and engagement are the foundation of our instructional design.
- Working in professional and collaborative teams allows us to make a greater impact on student learning.
As we move forward in the work of our plan, we believe that monitoring the following key performance indicators will show how we are progressing toward our goals:
- All of our students attend school regularly. All of our youngest learners begin school kindergarten-ready.
- All 2nd graders are reading at or above grade-level by the end of the year.
- All 5th graders are at grade-level in Reading and Math by the end of the year.
- All 8th graders are Algebra-ready and are on-grade level in Reading by the end of the year.
- All 9th graders are on-track with at least 6 credits by the end of the year.
- All of our students successfully graduate from Oakland High School.