Objective:To ensure a high quality, well rounded education for all students.
- Develop ideas to maintain or improve graduation rates.
- Work on specific areas within the K-12 system that need to be strengthened.
- Stay current with best practices and instructional strategies.
CAREER AND TECHNICAL EDUCATION:
Objective: to prepare students for the world of work by introducing them to workplace competencies, and make academic content accessible to students by providing it in a hands-on context.
- Enhance equipment for students in the metal and wood shop areas
- Offer opportunities in health career related fields
- Expand other CTE programs and experiences for students
Objective: To maintain existing programs; enhance their success and explore or encourage additional opportunities either independently or with other school districts.
- Increase participation in extra curricular activities
- Increase opportunities for extra curricular activities and clubs
- Continue to have our students compete to the best of their abilities and represent Oakland Schools with class, dignity, and respect.
Objective: To provide a physical setting that inspires learning, respect and success.
- Additional classroom space for future needs
- Review facility long range plan
- Enhance technology capabilities for both staff and students
Objective: To hire and retain highly qualified teachers and staff that are good for kids.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels in all areas
- Expand recruitment to college job fairs and advertisements beyond Oakland and Douglas County
- Conduct exit interviews to gather information to improve our mentoring and support to staff